You may have read a lot of business blog posts. But, have you ever come across a perfect business blog post?
Do you know how to write it? If no, then read this post.
You must have a lot of business posts. Some are good while some may not be. But, there exist no perfect blog post. So to write a perfect business blog post, you need certain elements and strategies.
Before moving on to specifics of writing a perfect post, I want to tell you the most important component of the perfect business post. And that is before writing, just ask this simple question to yourself: “What’s the unique angle of this post, and how will it help my audience?”
It means just figure out how your post is different from others?
What are your readers interests and needs?
These two elements, uniqueness and audience targeting, separates good posts from the amazing ones.
Here are five elements that can consistently be found in popular business blog posts:
1. Captivating opening: The opening of your blog post is the hook that will get people to start reading. Without a captivating opening, audience may never even click on the article or be interested in reading it in the first place.
Headline of your blog is one of the most critical elements. A survey found that 80% of people will read the headline, and only 20% will read the rest.
If you want to get most clicks, your headline must be clear, concise and self-explanatory.
While writing the opening of a paragraph or sentence, try to put yourself in the mindset of your ideal reader: What problems will he or she be looking to solve?
What you can do to show that you understand what they are struggling with?
2. Use of a Relatable Image with a Caption: Cheap-looking or irrelevant images has the potential to completely undermine the rest of your content. So, it is better to first choose relating images for your post. Also, it is good to use captions in images wherever possible.
3. Outside Data and Information: Although this is important for all the blog posts, but when it comes to business blogging, it is very important. Many readers will approach your posts with a some doubt, particularly if you run a small business blog. So, you must use outside information to increase your credibility.
For example, you may use customer testimonials, research data or expert quotes in your business blog posts.
4. A clear Viewpoint: No one likes to read a wish-washy article. As so much content is available online, having a clear and focused point of view will help set you apart. Every blog post should have clear opinion or point of view.
5. Easy to read Structure: When you write a business post, make sure that it appears easy to read at its first glance. This means use short paragraphs, subheadings, proper use of headings, lists, and generally anything that makes your content appear less intimidating to read.